The International Section (French or bilingual French/English) offers access to the best international and Swiss universities after 4 years (32 points/42 for the latter).
It is structured as follows:
- Florimont’s International Year 3 and Year 2 are preparatory years that provide multi-disciplinary and interactive teaching for all subject groups according to curriculums inspired by Swiss, French and English-speaking programmes;
- Florimont’s Première and Terminale are IB years that are subject to the Diploma Programme rules defined by The International Baccalaureate Organisation: the choice between 6 subject groups (3 at Higher Level and 3 at Standard Level), one in each of the 6 following categories: studies in language and literature, language acquisition, individuals and societies, sciences, mathematics, and the arts. The curriculum is completed by a common core (The Theory of Knowledge, the Extended Essay and Creativity, Activity, Service, which encourages students to pursue artistic and sports activities and charitable works).
The IB’s programmes are different from other curricula because they:
- encourage students of all ages to think critically and challenge assumptions
- develop independently of government and national systems, incorporating quality practice from research and our global community of schools
- encourage students of all ages to consider both local and global contexts
- develop multilingual students.