Dinner is served!
School meals are provided by the Novae company with a team of 5 cooks managed by Damien Cadenat.
The kitchens work to the highest standards of hygiene and prepare 1,400 meals every day. All of the meals are created under the supervision of a dietician, who ensures in particular that they are balanced and comply with the Swiss “Fourchette Verte” label. A vegetarian option is also available to everybody. The Institut Florimont does not cater for any specific diet and cannot guarantee that the food served contains no allergens. Allergies, intolerances and special diets are not taken into account. The consequences of these conditions can be serious and we are not able to guarantee that there is no risk for these issues. Parents of children who have to follow a specific diet are asked to provide a packed lunch that can be heated on-site.
A typical menu includes:
- One food item that is rich in protein: meat, poultry, fish, shellfish, eggs, tofu, cheese or vegetables. Fish is included on the menu twice per week.
- A choice of one or two vegetables or fruit: raw salad vegetables, cooked vegetables, cooked or raw fruit, or soup.
- A choice of carbohydrates: potatoes, pasta, rice, sweetcorn, wheat meal, lentils, chickpeas, other cereals and bread, with a preference for whole grain cereals and bread.
- A choice of desserts: most often raw or cooked fruit, or a dairy-based desert.
- The drink served at mealtimes is water.
Novae and Florimont try to choose seasonal fresh food, with environmental labels, which is sourced locally and grown organically. The traceability of ingredients is also a very important factor. Produce is mostly sourced in Geneva (with the Genève Région Terre Avenir label), from Switzerland or, failing that, from the EU (sea fish for example). Cleaning products are also environmentally friendly and labelled as such (EU Flower).